Friday, November 5, 2010

Questions for Guest Speakers

Here were the questions that I had going into the discussion, although they were almost all alluded to throughout our conversation.

Emilie Rex
-What is Indiana University's carbon footprint? How does this measure with the rest of the Big Ten?
-How have departments cut down on their use of papers?
-Do you measure progress by comparing IU with other University's initiatives, or is sustainability typically measured on an individual basis?

Jacqui Butler
-What is the political climate like with regard to funding for sustainable intiaitives?
-What are the current initiatives in place to allow Bloomington to become a more efficient community?
-  In comparison to neighboring towns, does the liberal nature of Bloomington allow for an easier experience implementing initiatives?
-How have you been spreading your message throughout Bloomington?

As I stated above these ideas were almost all addressed.  Overall I found the speakers to be very interesting and somewhat disappointing once realizing the limited power that they have.  Having an understanding of sustainable practices and realizing the little salience that they have within the political realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment